Running of the Chihuahuas VII
May 5th, 2018 @ 1:00pm EST
600 Water St SWWashington DC View Map
Error! You must select at least one ticket to continue.
Error! Please select a date and time before continuing.
600 Water St SWWashington DC
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! Please join us for the fun anyways! If you still want to race your pup, please arrive to the registration table at 12:30 to be put on the waitlist. First come first serve!
Welcome to Running of the Chihuahuas VII! SATURDAY, MAY 5 from 1-5pm on District pier at District Wharf. Dogs will race in heats of up to 8 dogs each, with a semi-final heat and a championship race. Prizes will be given for each heat winner as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Please note, due to high demand, the total number of dogs racing is capped at 128!
2018 RUNNING OF THE CHIHUAHUAS
- All dogs racing must be a Chihuahua or Chihuahua mix. Dogs must be 15 pounds or less.
- All vaccinations must be current.
- All dogs must be on a leash when not involved in a race, unruly dogs will be excused.
- Owners are required to clean up after their dog(s).
- Only dogs running in the current heat called will be allowed in the track area.
- Only two handlers are allowed in the race area per dog. One at the start and one at the finish.
- No food, toys or other pets are allowed in the designated race area.
- Owners cannot throw, push or in any way give the dogs a head start at the beginning of the race.
- Owners cannot throw any object(s) onto the track before, during or after the race.
- Owners cannot run up and down the track during the race.
- Owners cannot reach for the dog at the finish line. The dog must cross the finish line on its own.
- The winning dog will be the first to run completely through the track finish line.
- Judges are not professional judges.
- This is an event meant only for entertainment.
- On Tap reserves the right to use photos for future advertising.
- Must be 21+ with valid ID to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Rain date is May 6. If event is cancelled twice due to weather, entries will still be donated to charity.
- By entering your dog you agree you will not hold Corona, Cantina Marina, On Tap or any other sponsors or event partners responsible for injury to you or your dog. You understand that dog owners are responsible for their dog(s) at all times and unruly dogs will be excused with no refund. You agree to all rules and regulations above.
Event is free to attend and open to the public. Race Entry Ticket is for DOGS to participate in The Running of The Chihuahuas during the event. Racing Registration will be held from 12:30pm-2pm on District Pier. Races start promptly at 2:00pm.